How Do I Bid? Online & Mobile
This year’s auction will use Greater Giving Online Bidding – allowing for a paperless bidding system. You will bid using your smartphone or tablet on silent auction items. Also, you can easily track Packages by “following” their activity without having to continuously return to a table or bid sheet.
The online auction opens at 9AM on February 8th and is NOT to be missed! We have many new items from new merchants! You will need to register which can be done from the online auction site itself!
What is it? Mobile Bidding will allow you to bid on Silent Auction items (NOT Fixed Bid parties or Wine, but everything else in Silent) ahead of and through the actual LIVE auction via your mobile device. Silent Auction items will be released to bid starting 9am February 18th and runs through 7pm February 20th (night of the LIVE auction). How to register for this service, is covered below. There will be NO bid sheets at the LIVE auction EXCEPT for Fixed Bid items which will include portraits and Wine & Spirits. You will need to register to bid!!!
MOBILE BIDDING REGISTRATION:
HOW TO BID via MOBILE PHONE/TABLET on Silent Auction Items at the Live Auction or from home! ANYWHERE! ANYTIME (between Thursday 2/18 9am to Saturday 2/20 at 7pm) Just like eBay!
1. Select the package you wish to bid on.
2. You can bid the next increment, set a max bid, or simply “Watch” packages. If you enter the highest max bid on a package, the system will automatically place bids in your favor until your max bid is reached or until the silent auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid. Notecards are only option to BUY NOW.
3. Want to just GIVE??? To make a general donation, select the Donation button on your home screen and choose a pre-set amount or select the Custom Amount button to enter the amount you wish to donate and select OK.
4. If you’re outbid at any point before the silent auction closes, you’ll be notified by text message. NOTE: ONLY the mobile number used to BUY your ticket will be pre-registered to receive these texts. IF your significant other would like to receive OUT BID Text messages, you will need to register their mobile number AT the auction when you check in.
5. You can keep an eye on packages you’ve bid on or are watching by selecting the menu button and selecting the “My List” button located at the left.
6. As soon as the silent auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
7. Under “My List” you can check your winning packages.